The Vancouver Club’s House Rules have been established to ensure maximum enjoyment of the Club for all Members. These rules also provide a foundation to acquaint Members of the Club with available services and to protect Club property.
Members of the Club have the responsibility to know the House Rules and an obligation to observe them. In addition, Members should ensure that their guests are familiar with a number of the House Rules, particularly those regarding cell phones & electronic devices, dress code, and Club property.
Members wishing to make suggestions with respect to the Club’s House Rules should address them, in writing, to the General Manager.
HOUSE RULES INDEX
1. The Club’s banquet rooms may be reserved for private dining, meetings, and receptions. Reasonable notice is required for reservations and cancellations with the Club’s Catering Sales Department. Banquet rooms cannot be reserved more than three days in advance for business meetings which do not include a food and beverage component.
2. The Club maintains a business centre for the convenience of Members and guests staying overnight in the Club. The business centre is not a substitute for a Member’s regular place of business.
3. The consumption of food or drinks is not permitted in the business centre.
4. The display of business papers is inconsistent with the spirit and intent of the use of the Grill and has traditionally been discouraged. Members who wish to conduct working sessions with business papers or a laptop are encouraged to utilize the business centre or make arrangements for the use of one of the Club’s private meeting rooms.
5. Briefcases and valises are not permitted in the Grill. The concierge staff will be pleased to check these as Members and guests enter the Club.
6.’SPECIAL CLUB AND MEMBER HOSTED EVENTS’ From time to time, Special Club Events may be organized and require Members to register their and their guests’ attendance with the concierge.
7. The Club requires members to confirm the number of guests for Special Club Events or private parties 72 hours prior to the event date. This can be done by email or by telephone. Cancellations or reductions in the number of guests with less than 72 hours’ notice will be charged the full event price.
8. As a courtesy to other Members, cell phones, smartphones, and any other electronic device must be silenced throughout the Club.
9. Members and guests are not permitted to conduct phone conversations at any time in any area of the Club, other than in a private phone booth or in a private meeting room.
10. Electronic devices may be used silently:
a) In the Georgian Room Co-working Space, the Reading Room, private phone booths, and private meeting rooms; and
b) For our hotel guests, until 4:00 p.m. on the Rooftop Patio and Garden Lounge.
11. The use of electronic devices in public spaces and all other areas of the Club is prohibited.
12. At the discretion of management, stricter policies may be enforced in the member dining areas or at member events, ie: Christmas buffets and wine dinners.
13. For the respect and privacy of other Members and their guests, photography, audio, and video recording, whether by cell phone or other medium, are not permitted in any public space of the Club or any place that may infringe upon the privacy of or disturb others, including within dining rooms and at Club-hosted events.
14. Members are responsible for ensuring their guests’ compliance with the device policy. The Club reserves the right to confiscate any cell phone or other device used in contravention of the policy in the above-mentioned areas.
15. Children under the age of thirteen years are not permitted in the Club at any time with the exception of attending Club events specifically designated as family events and on Friday evenings after 5:30 p.m. Parents are requested to ensure that their children are under supervision at all times, allowing for quiet enjoyment of the Club’s facilities by other members.
16. Any Member or Member’s guest breaking or damaging any Club property shall either replace the damaged property or reimburse the Club for the cost of repairs or replacement.
17. Any complaints or suggestions about the operation of the Club should be addressed to the General Manager in writing and signed by the Member.
18. Members are not permitted to enter the kitchens or staff service areas without having first obtained permission from the General Manager or duty manager.
19. The Club provides dining service as follows:
Breakfast 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Lunch 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
(Last Call for Service 2:45 p.m.)
Lunch 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Dinner 5:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
(Last seating 10:30 p.m.)
(Last call for the bar 10:45 p.m.)
Lunch Buffet 11:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Bar Snacks 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
(Last call for kitchen 10:30 p.m.)
(Last call for the bar 10:45 p.m.)
20. As a courtesy to fellow Club Members and staff, Members are requested to make dinner reservations whenever possible.
21. The Club accepts limited reservations during the luncheon period.
22. The Club does not accept reservations for more than 8 persons for a la carte dining. Members who wish to book a table for more than 8 people should contact the Catering Sales Department for their recommendation.
Reservations made in advance will be confirmed 24 hours prior to the date of the reservation to ensure there have been no changes. Monday reservations will be confirmed Friday.
Reserved tables will be released 15 minutes after the reservation time has passed unless we are notified by phone that you will be arriving late.
Members are requested to cancel reservations with as much advance notice as possible.
23. The Rooftop Patio and Garden Lounge are licensed service areas. The transportation of food and/or beverages from one service area of The Vancouver Club (e.g. Captain’s Bar) to the Rooftop Patio and Garden Lounge creates a liability and is strongly discouraged. Members and their guests are requested to order any food and/or beverage from a Vancouver Club staff member assigned to work in the Rooftop Patio and Garden Lounge.
24. The Rooftop Patio and Garden Lounge may be reserved for private meetings, receptions, and dining. Members booking the area for private events will have exclusive use of the area for the time periods outlined in the Catering/Sales Department contract.
25. Pursuant to House Rule 25., smoking is not permitted in the Rooftop Patio and Garden Lounge. Any member/guest found to be smoking on the Rooftop Patio and Garden Lounge may be subject to a fine of up to $500. in accordance with Club Bylaw 10.2.
26. Members and guests are required to observe the dress code whenever they are in the Club.
‘Business Attire’ and ‘Smart Casual Attire’, as defined below, are permitted in all areas of the Club at all times.
‘Upscale Urban Attire’, as defined below, is permitted in the Club on Friday evenings after 5:00 p.m.
‘Business Attire’ means that men must wear jackets and ties and tailored pants, or suits and ties and that women must wear dresses, suits, skirts with blouses, tailored trousers with blouses, or evening pants.
‘Smart Casual Attire’ for men means shirts with collars and sleeves or turtleneck sweaters and tailored pants. ‘Smart casual attire’ for women means shirts with collars or blouses, collarless shirts with jackets and tailored pants or skirts. In summer, knee-length tailored shorts or sleeveless summer dresses are permitted.
Athletic attire, sweatshirts, warm-up suits, and cargo pants are not permitted, nor is apparel with advertising messages or slogans. Running shoes, hiking style boots, beach type sandals, boat and athletic footwear are not permitted. Denim/jeans of any colour are not permitted.
‘Upscale Urban Attire’ means dark denim worn with a sports jacket or with a collared shirt.
Faded or torn denim, tank tops and athletic attire do not meet the Club’s dress code at any time.
27. Members and guests are requested to leave outerwear (including coats, hats, scarves, gloves, and winter boots) in the lobby cloakrooms.
28. It is the responsibility of Members to inform their guests of the Club’s dress code
29. Under current legislation by the Province of British Columbia, the City of Vancouver Health Bylaw No. 9535, and WorkSafeBC Regulations, smoking is not permitted in any area of the Club’s premises. Any member/guest found to be smoking in any area of the Club may be subject to a fine of up to $500 in accordance with Club Bylaw 10.2.
30. Members shall not reprimand any Club employee. Any Member dissatisfied with the conduct of any Club employee should register their dissatisfaction with the General Manager.
31. Members may not send any Club employee out of the Club on personal errands.
32. Members shall not employ current employees of the Club without the consent of the General Manager.
33. Members and/or their guests shall not give any money or gratuity to any Club employee except for contributions to the Staff Christmas Fund.
34. The Fitness Centre, including the steam rooms, change rooms, and fitness equipment, may be used by Members and overnight guests staying at the Club.
35. Members may invite guests to use the exercise facilities at the Club for a fee, but no guest may use the exercise facilities more than four times per calendar year.
36. The Fitness Centre is a scent-free zone. The use of colognes, perfumes and aromatherapy products is prohibited.
37. For the purposes of these House Rules, ‘guests’ shall include both ‘guests’ and ‘visitors’ as defined in Bylaw 1.01.
38. Guests waiting to meet Members in the Club should be seated in the areas designated for that purpose.
39. Overnight accommodation in the Club is available to Members and their guests and Members and guests of reciprocal or affiliate clubs.
40. The names of all guests shall be entered in the visitors’ book and all guests shall be accompanied, while in the Club, by the Member introducing them. Guests staying in the guestrooms of the Club may enter and leave the Club and may take meals in the Club without being in the company of a Member.
41. The Club will be open for Members and guests from 6:30 a.m. until 12:00 a.m. unless Members are notified otherwise by email. Members and guests staying in the Club’s guestrooms will be admitted after 12:00 a.m. Members and guests not staying in the Club’s guestrooms will be expected to leave the Club not later than 12:00 a.m. except in the case of private parties booked through the Club’s Catering Sales Department.
42. Service and consumption of liquor in the Club shall conform at all times with the regulations of the Liquor Control & Licensing Branch of the Province of British Columbia.
43. Working press and members of the media are not permitted in the Club except with the permission of the General Manager.
44. Members shall refer requests for comment by members of the media to the General Manager.
45. The Members’ list shall be kept by the General Manager and shall contain, as provided in Bylaw 1.01(k), the Members’ resident addresses for mailing of notices prescribed or directed by the Bylaws or these House Rules. Members may substitute a business or other address for the receipt of notices and other mailings from the Club by giving notice to the General Manager. In the absence of a current address listing, notices shall be mailed to the Members’ last known address.
46. The Members’ list, available on the password protected section of the Club’s website, is available only to Club Members and Club Management. It is not to be made available under any circumstances to any person or entity for any use, including business or philanthropic purposes.
47. Reservations and vacating arrangements for overnight guestrooms shall be made with the concierge staff.
48. Checkout time is 11:00 a.m., otherwise an extra day may be charged. A guestroom reserved but unoccupied shall be charged at the regular quoted rate. The check-in time shall be 2:00 p.m.
49. Members and guests are requested to lock their doors when leaving their guestrooms and to ensure upon departure from the Club that they deposit the keys with the concierge staff.
50. The Club is not responsible for any personal property brought onto its premises.
51. Pets are not permitted with the exception of assistance dogs.
52. The taking of photographs in the Club is prohibited except at private parties or at the discretion of the General Manager or duty manager.
53. Newspapers and magazines are intended for the use of Members and guests in the reading room and are not to be removed.
54. Library books may be borrowed from the Club’s library provided that the borrowing is recorded with the concierge staff.
55. The Club logo, trademarks of the Club, and stationery are not to be used for any purpose in any document or advertisement (either electronic or paper-based) without the prior consent of the General Manager.
56. The Club does not display the trademarks or logos of Members’ firms or suppliers on its website.
57. Valet parking is available to Members dining at the Club during posted hours. Members must show proof of membership when using the valet parking in order that the appropriate charges can be assessed to the Member’s account.
58. Members whose cars are left with the valet outside of the Club’s posted hours will be charged additional parking fees in accordance with the rate charged by the parking facility.
59. Violation of the House Rules will result in a friendly reminder from the General Manager.
60. Repeated violations of the House Rules will result in the Member’s conduct being referred to the House Committee for any action it deems necessary, including referral to the Board of Directors.
61. No Member shall take it upon themselves to enforce compliance of the House Rules by fellow Members or guests.
Warning: include(/home/154570/domains/vancouverclub.ca/htmlhouse-rules) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c06/h08/mnt/154570/domains/vancouverclub.ca/html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/vancouverclub/generated.php on line 73
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/154570/domains/vancouverclub.ca/htmlhouse-rules' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.29/share/pear') in /nfs/c06/h08/mnt/154570/domains/vancouverclub.ca/html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/vancouverclub/generated.php on line 73